This position is fully funded by National Elites Foundation grant from Presidency of Islamic Republic of Iran (http://international.bmn.ir/plans). Initial appointment is for 1 year with the potential for appointment to 1 additional year based on progress. The starting date for the position is flexible, with preference for a start date in summer or Fall of 2016.
RESEARCH TOPICS INVOLVE:
. Classification of ocular images using optimum basis functions
. Registration of video streams from fundus fluorescein angiography and 3D OCT images
. Synchronized analysis of EEG, MRI images, and SPECT images of patients suffering from seizure
. Design and manufacturing of an apnea detection system and introducing new clinical indices of depth of sedation based on automatic analysis of tracheal acoustic signal
Isfahan University of Medical Sciences’s School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine is a thriving research community with growing expertise in ocular image analysis, with methodological expertise including advanced OCT, Fundus, and Angiography.
If interested, please feel free to contact Dr. Rabbani directly (email@example.com) with a letter of interest including a full CV and a list of three references.
·Strong technical skills. Proficiency in high-level programming language (e.g., Matlab or Python) is required. Prior experience with sound analysis or ocular imaging (OCT, Fundus, or Angiography) and/or advanced statistical methods is strongly preferred.
· Designs and implements experimental projects including managing timelines and directing students and staff.
· Programs studies and analyses. Uses advanced statistical techniques to analyze and interpret data.
· Writes and collaborates on manuscripts and presents research at scientific conferences.
·Provides specialized training and supervision of graduate and undergraduate level assistants, in ocular study design, implementation, and analysis.
· Coordinates data management ensuring data integrity and protocol compliance.
· Manages compliance with human subject protocols.